With the holiday season upon us, the endless cycle of bad eating decisions is bound to commence.
When we start getting hungry between meals, we often find ourselves arm deep in unhealthy and unnecessary snacks. Here’s a healthier alternative:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie 🎃
Here’s what you’ll need:
- half of a 15oz can of pure pumpkin
- 1 6oz container of greek yogurt (you can also use plain or a vanilla flavored one)
- 1 tbsp of honey (more or less depending on your preferred level of sweetness)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- handful of ice
- whipped cream
Blend ice with pumpkin & yogurt. Mix in honey, cinnamon & nutmeg. Top with whipped cream, honey drizzle & cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkle.
We all know that November – January are the months you’re most likely to put weight on (I’m prob the guiltiest of this). I’m not here to tell you how to eat, I’m just saying, even I need to take a teensy break from all the overindulging. Have the extra plate of mash & gravy, throw some more cheese on your mac, but also… have some fruits and veggies.
This smoothie bowl is the easiest and yummiest thing to make when you start feeling blehhh.
What you need:
- half a bag of cranberries (I love Ocean Spray)
- 1 5.3oz cup of yogurt (Dannon Light & Fit Strawberry Greek Yogurt)
- 1.5 teaspoons of raw honey
- tons of fresh fruit
Blend the cranberries, ice, honey & yogurt together until you have a nice smooth texture.
Pour into a bowl.
Top with fruit.
It’s literally THAT easy. Plus, you can use any fruit in the smoothie base!
Happy (semi) healthy holidays!! 💕🎄☃️🦃